Academy Training – Now in Frisco and Plano!
REGISTRATION FOR WINTER WILL OPEN OCTOBER 3
- ACADEMY VOLLEYBALL TRAINING – Next session begins in January
- FALL LEAGUE TEAMS – Open 10/3
NEW for Academy 1.5 and Academy 2 – Skill Assessment Tryout will be held on TBD
- 5th through 12th graders who have not previously attended Academy 1 may tryout for the advanced class
- Early registration is open for the first 2 weeks of registration. Save $10!
NOTE: Academy Training and League Teams do not overlap, so you may choose to have your athlete train in Academy AND play in the League.
COVID POLICY CHANGES: Effective June 1, masks are optional at all facilities!!
Clicking this link will direct you to i9 Sports Frisco/Plano where you may register for Academy Volleyball Training.
LoneStar Volleyball Training
LoneStar Volleyball offers a variety of Camps and Clinics to aid in training proper mechanics, skills and court positions. Options are available for athletes who haven’t played before as well as those with intermediate to advanced level (club) experience from 1st through 12th grades.
Summer is the time to get a lot of touches on the ball to prepare for middle school and high school tryouts or just to have fun and increase skills and knowledge. All of our camps and clinics are ran by the professional coaching team of LoneStar Volleyball.
Summer is usually a transition period from one grade or age division to the next, so the grade and age definitions will be equivalent to the fall season.
Academy Training – 6 week sessions, year round
Academy training is LoneStar’s year round skills and mechanics training program offered in 6 week sessions; Academy I and II on Saturdays (schedule below). We’ve created two divisions which allow an athlete to grow as their knowledge and skill sets increase. Academy 1 is open to all participants from beginners to limited experience. Academy 2 requires approval by the training director to register. Participants may be promoted through Academy 1 or may attend the pre-session Skills Assessment on the first night of scheduled training.
For additional information, contact info@LoneStarYVB.net
Academy 1 – $240 per 6 week session
1st through 12th Grades / Beginner to Limited Experience
Coach to Player Ratio: 1:15
The mission of Academy 1 is to teach players proper technique and execution of all fundamental skills in volleyball; passing, serving, attacking and setting. During each session, players participate in drills which foster skill development and proper mechanics. Coaches work closely with players on the court with the appropriate volleyball and net height to ensure they receive positive and constructive feedback throughout the course of the session.
Throughout the six weeks, coaches will be carefully tracking the progress of each player’s development. At the conclusion of the session, parents and players receive a final assessment report card including a direction for the best course of action for the player’s developmental future.
Academy 1.5 and Academy 2 – $240 per 6 week session*
Academy 1.5 for 5th/6th Grades / Academy 2 for 7th through 12th Grades / Level: Intermediate Experience
Coach to Player Ratio: 1:15
* QUALIFICATION NOTE: Academy 1.5 and Academy 2: All participants must be approved to register for Academy 1.5 or Academy 2. A Pre-season Tryout is available for an additional $15. See schedule below. REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS
- Approval for Academy 1.5 and Academy 2 will be provided to those players participating in Academy 1 who have demonstrated the appropriate skill level to be promoted.
- If a player is not currently registered and participating in the Academy program, they will need to register for Academy Skills Assessment Tryout. This is an opportunity for athletes new to the LoneStar program an opportunity to show they have the necessary skill level to advance.
- The fee for the Tryout is $15, therefore, when registering for the Tryout, the total fee will be $255 ($15 for the Tryout and $240 for the Academy session)
- If a player receives approval to attend Academy 1.5 or Academy 2 from the Tryout, the registration will be moved to the advanced class.
- If a player is not yet ready to advance, the registration will be moved to Academy 1
- Players registered for Academy 1.5 or Academy 2 that have not been approved to register at this level will be moved to the Skills Assessment Tryout.
The mission of Academy 1.5 and Academy 2 is to continue the development of mechanics and court play to increase proficiency in the execution of skills. Drills and training are designed to advance mechanics while adding more strategic and rigorous drills. The Academy II training will be conducted at the same time as Academy I. Preapproved Academy II players will be on a separate court with professional coaches participating in more advanced drills to facilitate growth and development in their skills and court play.
Throughout the six weeks, players will receive consistent feedback.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing prior to the close of regular registration. A $10 administrative fee is non-refundable for clinics and $20 for all other programs. NO REFUNDS after regular registration closes. See Terms and Conditions under About Us.
Contact us: email: Arneva.Martin@i9Sports.com
|HUNT MIDDLE SCHOOL||FRISCO|
|Registration Ends||14-Sep||Academy 1||1st-3rd||10:45a-12:45p||
Tryouts – Location TBD
|Tryouts||13-Sep||Academy 1||4th-6th||8:30a-10:30a||Academy 1.5||5th-6th||10:45a-12:45p|
|First Class||17-Sep||Academy 1||7th-12th||8:30a-10:30a||Academy 2||7th-12th||10:45a-12:45p|
|FOWLER MIDDLE SCHOOL||PLANO|
|Registration Ends||14-Sep||Academy 1||1st-3rd||4:00p-6:00p|
|First Class||18-Sep||Academy 1||7th-12th||4:00p-6:00p|